Saturday, December 14, 2013

Jake Borndal's work

I stopped over to this house yesterday evening where some of the sculpture MFAs live, (last year some painting MFAs lived there--it's a good art party house).  They were preparing for a rager, with greek letters on the door and everything.  I didn't stay for the party due to the fact that I left for Virginia Beach last night for my own personal kind of rager (that's where I am now, watching the sun rise over the ocean).

Anyway, the front room of this apartment is spacious and is being used as an exhibition space.  Jake Borndal, 2nd year Sculpture MFA, recently installed the inaugural show.  Pretty sweet work.  Aluminum, enamel, weird little rubber straps, some epoxy pieces (not pictured)…
He has a cool website: http://www.borndal.com

-x



No comments:

Post a Comment